Quirk Creative is an award-winning video advertising agency built for the future. We’re an intentionally lean team, designed to help brands move with video industry shifts and stay creatively relevant to the people who matter most: customers. Our capabilities span live action, motion graphics, direct response, and VR/AR for social, digital, and broadcast channels. We are looking for a full time Junior Editor to our growing team.
*Candidates should provide an online link to their demo reel. Please send a reel, resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be responsible for:
- Transcoding camera raw files, organizing footage and prepping an edit timeline
- Editing rough cuts of videography projects—from branded content, to TV commercials, to boomerangs
- Exporting/importing assets for color and mix. You should be familiar with different file types (EDL, XML, AAF, OMF) and compressions (Pro Res, h.264)
- Maintaining organized library and archiving finished work
- Supporting color correction and audio level adjustments
- Coordinating with Quirk’s motion graphics / VFX team to complete client projects
Beyond core editing responsibilities, you’ll also:
- Support the creative director with pre-shoot production needs
- Join the team on shoots
- Be a part of the creative ideation and concepting for our clients
- Have 1-3 years of video editing experience for digital or broadcast
- Have experience working in Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Photoshop
- Have strong storytelling skills and craft visually compelling stories under sometimes tight deadlines
- Be a quick learner, and hungry to get your hands dirty in all facets of our advertising production
- Be familiar with entire production process, from concept to production to post
- Be creative with a positive attitude
- Have an eye for detail – you should be the first to catch any errors
- Have technical knowledge of edit systems, camera technologies, codecs, and video encoding
- Contribute to pre-production through creative concepting.
- Have amazing organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Have excellent communication—written and oral—skills
- Be excited to work in a small team where you have tons of responsibility and room to grow
- And you should be an absolute self-starter with a get-the-job-done mentality
About Quirk Creative
We believe in a lean team, autonomy, and quick-to-market creative ideation and execution that keeps up with today’s always-on, always-evolving advertising landscape. Our clients, ranging from startups like Ava Women to Fortune 500s like Western Union, dig our fresh approach.
Our offices are in the amazing Industry City—the heart of creative thinkers and doers in Brooklyn which boasts coffee shops, restaurants, a gym, and more (like, chocolate factories more).